Gmail Integration in Google Chrome
Our Gmail Integration for Google Chrome allows you to take a note, send praise, or request feedback while viewing a received email. With quick and easy installation, you'll be able to start using Small Improvements with Gmail in no time.
Included in this guide
What is it?
The Gmail integration with Small Improvements is a way to quickly send praise, take a private note, and request feedback.
- The integration requires Google Chrome
- The integration is enabled on an individual user-basis, not by HR Admins
- Please note that the private note, praise, and request feedback features must be enabled by your administrator in Small Improvements before you can use them in Gmail. Not all features are active if they are not activated in your Small Improvements account.
- Learn more, here.
Below is an example of where the Gmail widget lives on the side of your inbox:
Adding Integration as an Employee
You can install the integration from the user settings screen in your account:
You'll follow the same setup steps as above:
Once installed, you'll be redirected to Gmail to continue setup. You'll now see the Small Improvements logo in the top right-hand corner along with your other Gmail options.
Click on "Login" to be prompted with a new pop-up screen in Chrome asking you to login to your Small Improvements account. Enter your email and password.
Next, you'll be asked to authorize permissions for the integration so you can create content in Small Improvements. Follow the prompts, as shown below.
Once successfully logged in and enabled, you'll see a success message in the SI widget on the top right hand corner.
You can send Praise to coworkers directly in Gmail, after opening an email you've received. You'll see the option to create Praise on the right hand side of your screen.
- Select "Send Praise"
- Select who the Praise is about
- Pick a badge (optional)
- Enter your subject line
- Enter the details of your Praise
Watch the gif below to see this in action:
You can take a private note about a specific coworker, or groups of people.
- Use the widget option "Take Private Note"
- Select who the note is about. Please note this note will not be visible to these coworkers, just yourself.
- Enter a title for your note
- Enter details, make your coworker's day!
- You can decide to include a link to the email in the note directly
- Create and view the note in Small Improvements
You'll now see the note in Small Improvements, with a link to the email you've referenced in Gmail:
You can request feedback from coworkers directly in Gmail using the integration.
- Select "Request Feedback" on the SI module
- Select your reviewers, you can quickly search by name or job title (if these are available)
- Then select "Go to SI" to launch Small Improvements and finish the cycle setup
In Small Improvements you'll now see the beginning of your new cycle and have the option to further setup your request feedback. We have a helpful guide to setting up these cycles, here.
How do I remove this integration?
To remove the integration, you'll need to uninstall the Extension.
To do this, you'll follow the instructions below:
- Open Chrome
- Click More via the three-dotted drawer icon in your browser
- Go to More tools -> Extensions.
- Next to the Small Improvements extension you want to remove, click Remove or the trash can icon.
- Click Remove.
A screenshot of this setting: