Administration of continuous feedback
The primary continuous feedback tools within Small Improvements, 1:1 meeting notes and Praise, are effective ways of promoting feedback engagement within your company.
Two complimentary messaging pieces, "Take a note" and "Provide feedback", round out the continuous feedback area of our platform and include some configuration options you can take advantage of- Check out more below!
Administering Praise & 1:1s
At this time, customization within Praise and 1:1s is a little limited. For the most part, you can simply elect to use them or not- And to disable either feature, please log-in to your account and visit this page.
There is however, some useful Praise Badge customization you could utilize. To learn more, click here.
Other messaging configuration
By default, users can click one of two options to open up the message dialog. It is always the same dialog, but with different presets to match the use-case and provide guideposts:
- Take a note: The common use case is to take a note for future reference in a structured Review or 360 cycle - So the default is that notes are only visible to the author. Nothing stops you from sharing the note with anyone else, but to avoid accidents the default is "Just you".
- Provide feedback: The core use case is to provide feedback for another person confidentially, so the default setting is "recipient only". Note: Anonymity is on by default.
To configure these and check out other messaging framing options- You need to:
- Navigate to your Administration portal
- Scroll to the bottom, finding the "Feature Configuration" section
- Click into Messages
- Click on Edit Platform Settings to adjust
In addition to enabling a message framing option our not, you can also make nuance adjustments to the anonymity settings.
Message anonymity is either not possible at all, possible, or mandatory. You could also elect to allow anonymity, but either discourage or encourage the use of it. Whichever setting works best for your team!
Anonymous feedback safeguard
If the unfortunate instance arises where an anonymous message is deemed inappropriate or abusive, we do provide HR Admins with tools to intervene. When viewing an anonymous message, an admin (and only an Admin) can click the Anonymous author tag to trigger an email to their inbox, which will reveal the message's author.